In this lesson you will listen to movie reviews and complete gist and specific listening tasks.
Discuss in groups and list the adjectives you can use to describe movies.
- Task 1: Vocabulary matching activity
- Task 2: Listening for gist
- Task 3: Listening for specific information
- Task 4: Reading: Movie reviews
- Task 5: Writing a movie review
You now have your own iPads to make learning much more fun and exciting. Few things that will help you;
1. Connect to the school wi-fi (iat-wi-fi-net) when you are inside ay of the blocks.
2. Tap on Safari and try loading www.google.ae. Safari will ask you for an authentication code. Enter your student number and password.
3. Log in to school mailbox
- Go to webmail.iat.ac.ae
- Type in your username and password.
- Access your school mailbox.
- If you have problems accessing your school mailbox, please let me know so that we can fix it.
4. Log in to PLATO
- Go to www.plato.iat.ac.ae
- Log in using your user name and password.
- Access courses and tap on English for grade 9.
5. Dos and Don’ts
- Follow the instructions on your iPad agreement at all times.
- Do not use iPad cameras during the lessons.
- Do not use your iPad to make fun of others.
- All the alert sounds should be muted during lessons.
- Enjoy working with iPads!
Read and listen to people getting reacquainted.
NOW YOU CAN Get reacquainted with someone
Group work :
Adapt the Conversation Model. With two other students, make introductions and get reacquainted. Use the present perfect. Then change the situation and roles.
A:…….., have you met ……..?
B: No, I haven’t.
A: …….., I’d like you to meet ………
C: …….. . You look
familiar. Have we met before?
B: …….. .